Monday, March 2, 2009

I-rel-uh-vuhnt (difined)

Irrelevant (i-rel-uh-vuhnt ; adjective): not applicable or pertinent; having no probative value upon any issue in the case.

I have found that there are many things that can at any given time fit this description. For instance: the color of shoes I'm wearing right now. They happen to be orange and black Solomons, but that is irrelevant. I have used this word in context many times, and have been accused of not knowing what irrelevant means. Well, I am going to set out to prove that I DO and that this word can be used and properly applied in several instances to get yourself out of a jam, or just to sound really smart, like you actually know what you are talking about! After all isn't that what lawyers use it for!
! THAT'S IRRELEVANT!!!

(The point is not really to prove that I know what it means, but rather I will blog mostly about whatever and then end with some sort of totally random use of the use of the word, it's kind of going to be my pedestal.)

1 comment: